Wednesday 27 July 2011

Meet Baby J!

Sorry it has taken me so long to update im pretty lazy at scanning and uploading photos but finally here is my latest scan photo of our precious little bean! We have taken to calling him/her Baby J until we know the gender and have a name!


We are so in love <3 it's amazing how much baby has grown in a few weeks!  The scan was amazing of course I was nervous but I got called in straight away so it helped not to have an agonising wait! I was still kind of worried that they wouldn't find baby straight away with my retroverted uterus which only would have added to my anxiety but looks like everything has popped right into place now and baby appeared on the screen straight away!  The sonographer showed us it's hands and feet the heartbeat and even it's little bum! I just can't believe this little baby is in my belly!

After the scan I saw the midwife and then the Consultant. So far im really pleased with how the hospital are looking after me they haven't left anything to chance and covering all the bases so im pretty happy with that.  They arranged for me to see a Geneticist to discuss the chances of baby having AMC and I had bloods taken for testing im still awaiting the results of those they said it could take up to 6 weeks.  Not that it will make any difference to us at all!  Im going to have a detailed anatomy scan on September 9th to screen for AMC then and extra scans to monitor baby's movements.  Im also going to see an Anethetist in September to discuss my options of Epidural and if it will be possible for them to administer it I don't think it will be an issue but they want to make sure.  It looks like I may also get to have a natural birth at least that is the aim for now im pretty excited about this I know that seems crazy but for years I was told I wouldn't and now there is a chance but im ok with having a c-section if that's what it takes for baby to have a safe arrival.

OMG this is really happening im having a baby!!! Is it January yet? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment