Tuesday 13 December 2011

We Have A Date!

I had an appointment with a physio yesterday and my OB this morning.  The Physio found that I have Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) and a slightly twisted right hip this explains all the pain I have been experiencing.  She said if i'd had an earlier appointment a few weeks ago they may have been able to do more to help but at this late stage all they could really do is help manage the pain with some gentle exercises and a support belt and to make sure I get plenty of rest.  She pointed out the best positions for me to give birth in would be on all fours or standing leaning over the bed these are both extremely difficult for me to do so this did pose a problem.  Luckily I had my appointment with my OB this morning so we could discuss a plan of action for the birth and with all things considered we decided that a planned C-Section would be the safest option.  I have to admit the thought of a C-Section terrifies me I guess it's the fear of the unknown more than anything and the recovery afterwards I want to feel as well as possible so that I can take care of my baby I know that I'm not going to feel great after surgery I just have to hope that I recover quickly.  Overall though I'm ok with it being a C-Section delivery I feel confident that it is the right decision and if more damage is done to my hips during the birth then that would result in months of recovery rather than a few weeks so i'd rather take that option.

So when is the big day? It will be on 12/1/12!! How exciting I can hardly believe that will be my baby's Birthday the day I become a Mother! It's such a wonderful , exciting and terrifying feeling but I guess I am as ready as I'm ever going to be!

2 comments:

  1. Ok not sure I understand your date, lol! When are you due??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL im due 19/1/12 so i'll be having her at 39 weeks a week early. We do write our dates the other way around in the UK though so for you it would be 1/12/12 I think?

    ReplyDelete