Friday 25 March 2011

Will This Ever Be Over?

So just as I start moving forward I feel like I take 2 steps back.  Yesterday morning was a bit of a nightmare that I certainly didn't expect.  I was absolutely fine just doing housework when suddenly there was blood everywhere! (sorry TMI)  It literally was gushing out of me.  I called my Dr straight away who told me to go straight to the hospital.  Richard was at work so my brother took me straight there and Richard met us at the hospital.  They checked me over I had a high temperature and my blood pressure was really low so they were concerned that there was some left over tissue that may have been infected.  I had passed some tissue with the bleeding and as soon as I had the cramps and back pain stopped so they that may have been what was happening just my body finally expelling it they also mentioned some kind of hormonal imbalance which may have been connected to the abnormal bleeding.  My temp also came down shortly after so after that they were less concerned.  They took more bloods and swabs and said when the results came back they would let me know if I needed any treatment but could go home. 

The Dr at the hospital asked if I had been referred on to someone due my 2 miscarriages and the Arthrogryposis that I have. There may be a connection and it really should be looked into.  I said I had tried to get the referral but my GP was unwilling to help unless I had 3 miscarriages as that was their policy. She rolled her eyes and said yes that's right but im not a "normal" case and so they should ignore that rule in my case! So im going to see a different Dr at my surgery and tell them exactly what they said at the hospital and hope that this Dr will be willing to help!

It was all pretty scary but now the bleeding appears to have slowed down and is more like spotting now so im relieved about that!  I just hope it's all over now.

4 comments:

  1. I hope the new doctor is more helpful Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm so sorry that this happened. I hope your new dr is more helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! how scary!! I hope you can get some answers soon from the new doc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so scary Claire...I'm sorry...but on a happy note it sounds like your going to get that referral sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete