Monday 6 June 2011

There really is a baby in there!

Here is my little baby bean!


I never get bored at looking at this picture.  I can't believe that this tiny baby is in my belly <3

So as you can see my first scan went great! I was so nervous when we got there I felt sick and was shaking i'd gotten so worked up for it I convinced myself it as going to be bad news.  Unlike last time I had arrived at the hospital early but got called straight in for the scan so I didn't have the agonising wait.  I was like a lamb to the slaughter walking into that room, not how you imagine your first scan to be but when you have walked the road ive walked you can't help but feel like that.  The sonographer began by doing a transabdominal scan this time I could actually see the screen and as I could see it I couldn't help but frantically search the screen for baby but all there was were blurry black and white images I knew from that she wasn't going to see anything it was just taking too long.  She then stopped and said she couldn't see anything as my bladder wasn't full enough and it is early into my pregnancy so she would need to do an internal scan instead.  When she said that part of me panicked and knew that this was going to be the start of my bad news the other part of me was pleased that she was going to do the internal scan so at least if the outcome were the same as last time I would know they had a good look and were sure!  She reassured me that we would get a clear picture of what was going on this way so that helped.  As soon as she began the scan we could see baby! She pointed everything out we could see the little arm and leg buds and best of all that beautiful heartbeat! Sadly the picture isn't very clear but we could see everthing on the scan! I felt a rush of relief wash over me and then burst into tears happy tears im glad to say!!  It was just amazing I could have watched it all day.  Before I knew it the scan was over and I finally got to be one of those happy girls with my scan photo just like the ones i'd envied before.

After the scan we had to wait again to then see the nurse who will then explain the scan in more detail and what we need to do next.  It was the same Nurse that delt with me and the miscarriage before I was pleased I really liked her.  I didn't think she would remember me but she did! Straight away she said I've seen you before haven't I and I said yes I miscarried back in February but im back with another pregnancy! She was so happy and excited for us she said that everything looked great and that baby was measuring at 6 weeks 6 days.  That is only 2 days off my own dates that I had roughly worked out I knew that my midwife was off by afew more days.  She said not to worry about it being off by a couple of days as no one can pin point the exact moment of ovulation or the exact moment of conception and the baby is so small at this point it's hard to get an exact measurement the 12 week scan will be more accurate.  Im totally happy with that! She was so nice she said to keep in touch and when the baby is born she will come over to maternity to see baby.  I doubt that she will actually do that but it was so nice of her to say. 

Today I got my appointment for my NT Scan at 12 weeks it's on July 12th.  I didn't expect it come through so quick but im glad it did! I will almost be 13 weeks then so we should see a lot more.  Obviously im nervous about it as happy as I am to know that so far everything is good the worry wort in me can't help but creep back in! Hopefully all will be fine and maybe then I can start to enjoy this pregnancy!
  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Claire! How did I miss this?!? Your earlier posts didn't show up in my "newsfeed' thing for blogger for some reason.

    I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete